Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Deborah: A Woman of Courage
“I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.” Judges 5:3
Key verses for this week:
“And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD...And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them…and provoked the LORD to anger... and he delivered them …into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies..” Judges 2:11-14
“And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.” Judges 4:4
“And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.” Judges 4:9
“So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.” Judges 4:23
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. During the time of the judges, the Israelites were serving other gods.
2. God allowed Israel’s enemies to prevail over them in order for them to see their need for God.
3. Captain Sisera was kind to the Israelites.
4. God caused Sisera and his army to be confused, which led to their defeat.
5. Jael hid Sisera from Barak, and the Israelite army.