Grades 3-6 Handout for Sunday School
The Life of Jesus Christ: Lesson 4
Triumph to Treachery
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16
Key verses for this week:
“the Pharisees went forth and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.” Mark 3:6
“Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.” John 12:42-43
“He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:11-12
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Judas Iscariot was the disciple who betrayed Jesus.
2. Judas was a late addition to the group of disciples.
3. Jesus knew of Judas’ plot to betray Him.
4. Judas was rewarded with money for betraying Jesus.
5. Judas brought soldiers to the room where Jesus was having supper with the disciples.
6. Jesus’ rejection was all part of God’s plan for our salvation.
Jesus had to suffer rejection so that we could be accepted by His Father.
Jesus had to shed His sinless blood so that ours could be declared clean.
Jesus had to die for us to have eternal life.
Jesus now lives so that we won’t have to die in our sins.