Grades 3-6 Lesson 51 for Sunday School:
The Apostle Paul: Part 2
A Great Escape
Coloring Page for Young Visitors
“…but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13b
Key verses for this week:
“And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. “ Acts 9:20
“And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:” Acts 9:23
“And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.” Acts 9:26
“And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.” Acts 9:29
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Saul returned to Jerusalem, after he escaped from Damascus.
2. The disciples were excited to have Saul back in Jerusalem.
3. A man named Barnabas convinced the disciples to accept Saul.
4. Saul was afraid to preach the truth in Jerusalem.
5. The disciples sent Saul back home, to Tarsus, when his life was in danger.