Grades 3-6 Lesson for Sunday School
The Apostle Paul: Part 8
Faithful to the End
“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9
Key verses for this week:
“And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.” Acts 28:5-6
“Look not every man on his own things, but every man, also, on the things of others. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:4-5
“And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us…” Hebrews 11:39-40a
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. When Paul was not hurt by the viper, the people decided he must be a god.
2. Paul and his friends were kept in a prison while on the island.
3. Publius, the chief of the island, was very sick.
4. Paul prayed for and healed Publius’ father.
5. The people of Melita brought other sick people for Paul to heal.
Devotional Poem: Faithful to the End
Whether God has called you
To service, great or small,
He’d have you be faithful,
To give to Him your all.
So in the good and bad times,
Seek His strength and power.
And He’ll be right there, with you,
Through even the darkest hour.