Learn of Jesus
Opening Prayer: Give thanks in prayer for Jesus our very best Friend, A Friend we can always learn from, learn of and a faithful , gentle Friend we can always turn to for anything and at anytime!
Memory Verse: Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Go To Jesus
Wouldst thou find a friend to love thee
More than human hearts can love,
One who knows thy every trial?
Such a friend thou hast above.
Go, in trusting faith believing,
Cast thy burden on the Lord,
He has promised to receive thee—
Take thy Savior at His word.
Wouldst thou find the blessèd fountain,
Flowing at the cross so free?
Go to Jesus; He will guide thee;
Cleansed by Him thy soul shall be.
Wouldst thou find a friend to teach thee
How thy soul by faith may live,
How to reach those heights of rapture
Earthly joy can never give?
Wouldst thou find a friend to shield thee
When with clouds thy sky is dim?
Go to Jesus; ask His mercy;
Lo, He calls thee, go to Him.
Today's Bible Reading:
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and
are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
1. Do you think of Jesus as your friend ? Why or why not ?
Read the following :
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
2. In today's Bible reading , who are you to learn of ? ( Jesus )
3. Is anyone too young or too old to have Jesus as their Friend ? ( No ! )
4. Fill in the blanks to today's memory verse : Take my yoke upon you, and ______ of me; for I am _______ and lowly in __________: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
5. What are some of the things you have already learned about Jesus ? Take turns talking about this .
6. Who or what helps you to learn of Jesus ? Take turns talking about this : Some answers may be from a Sunday School teacher, a church , The Bible , A Parent , etc.
7. The Bible passage we read today tells of Jesus being meek . Do you know what meek or meekness means ? It can mean-- to be calm or showing patience and humility- or having a gentle manner.
8. Will the meek be blessed by God ? Read the following from the Bible :
The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
And fnally - from Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
9. Will you continue to pray about learning all that you can about Jesus ?
How comforting it is to know
That behind or in front of me
And no matter where I go
You are there.
In the moment and in those that have past
Your Spirit moving both slow and fast
Changing and healing
Hearts and souls
Making yourself known
My faith is built on
This glorious mystery of You
Who is the First and the Last.
I hold this mystery as it holds me
Knitted into Your tapestry
Walking in truth
That sets me free
How You planned this to be.
Julie Pisacane ©2011
Close in Prayer.