Discussion Questions and Drawing Activity :
1. How important is it for us to trust in The Word of God ?
2. A fruit tree starts off as a little seed , but if planted in a good ground
and after time and care ...what is the end result of that little seed ?
3.Can you draw 4 pictures showing the growth
of a tree -starting from a seed?
Teachers - Divide one piece of paper into 4 equal sections.
Have the children first draw nothing but the
tiny seed in the 1st picture . Talk to them
about how the seed turns into a seedling having taken
root in the good ground which should
be their 2nd picture . Have them draw in the roots .
The 3rd picture can show a big tree
with lots of brances and the 4th can show the tree with
fruit on the branches.
4. Can you understand the comparison Jesus was making in this parable
about the importance of being on good ground as opposed to trying
to grow something on a rock ?
5. Do rocks have roots ?
6. What kind of heart does someone have that is on the good ground ?
( Read vs. 15 again )
7. Is an honest and good heart supposed to be only for a
brief moment or for all of our lives ?
8. Fill in the blanks for Verse 15:
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest
and good _______, having heard the word,
keep it, and bring forth fruit with
9. Fill in the blanks for your Memory Verse :
James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your _______ worketh __________.
10. Is the fruit of patience pleasing to God ? ____________